Kaixuan Wooden Product (Dalian) Co., Ltd.
Address：4-4-2, building 32, Jinjiang garden, Ganjingzi, Dalian
The tongue depressor is often common when we perform oral examinations. Its role is to allow the doctor to observe the oral cavity and the deeper larynx clearly. Let ’s see what we can do when checking the trachea. :
1. Tongue depressor can assist rigid bronchoscopy to check the total trachea, left and right bronchi, and bronchial openings of each leaf, which is convenient for observing the problem of trachea.
2. Tongue depressor can help fiberoptic bronchoscopy to inspect and observe the bronchi of the upper lobe. Used to observe lesions and remove smaller foreign bodies.
3. The tongue depressor can help the fiber esophagoscopy to enter the trachea, can clearly observe the problem of the esophagus, and is used to remove foreign matter for inspection.
What does the tongue depressor do when examining the trachea
1. Posture The patient sits with her head upright, breathing quietly with her mouth open, and maintaining a relaxed state.
2. The role of tongue depressor (1) The correct use of tongue depressor is the key to successful oropharyngeal examination. The doctor holds the tongue depressor 2/3 of the front of the patient's tongue and gently presses the tongue downwards. (2) Observe the color of the membrane in order, and check for congestion, false membranes, ulcers, swelling, secretions, and swellings.
3. Observe the tonsils and pharyngeal wall. Observe the tonsils to see their shape and size, and whether there are secretions in the crypt mouth. Observe the lingual palate arch, pharyngeal neck arch, pharyngeal lateral cable, and posterior pharyngeal wall.
4. Observe the movement of the soft neck. Let the patient pay attention to the movement of the soft hire when making a sound. When the soft palate is paralyzed, the soft neck cannot be lifted.
(1) Allow the patient to breathe calmly when the tongue depressor is pressed against the tongue. Do not hold your breath, because the throat is congested, the color of the new membrane changes, and the pharyngeal cavity becomes narrow and small. It is not easy to observe each part carefully. If the tongue is pressed more than 2/3, it is easy to touch the root of the tongue and cause nausea and even vomiting.
(2) Inspect infants and infants if there are ducking sounds, be vigilant, if there is a pharynx abscess, on the one hand, be gentle, try to get the cooperation of children, on the other hand, be prepared to rescue the suffocation of the abscess. Through the introduction of the above article you have learned about throat examination. I hope to help you.
Copyright statement: The works reproduced by Dalian Kaixuan Wooden Products Co., Ltd. all indicate the source, and the source and reprint on this website are not for the purpose of transmitting more information, which does not mean that they agree with their views or the authenticity of their content . If the reprinted work infringes the author's authorship, or has other damages such as copyright, portrait rights, intellectual property rights, etc., this is not intentional by this website, and will be corrected immediately after receiving the relevant right holder's notification.
National Contact Hotline：
|Address：4-4-2, building 32, Jinjiang garden, Ganjingzi, Dalian|